It’s a service that deals with amelodentinary care and pulpal or periapical care. In this respect, the dentistry department carries out conservative treatment or even dental avulsion or replacement of missing teeth (= removable prostheses), oral cleansing, removal of benign tumours (epulis, fibroma, lipoma), immobilisation of jaw fractures, biopsy samples, extraction of saliva stones, correction of dento-maxillary anomalies.
The service carries out different types of examinations and often uses:
• To the retro alveolar radiography which is carried out in the dentistry department;
• To the general radiography carried out in the imaging department ;
• Ultrasound examination of salivary glands ;
• To anatomopathology for the identification of the samples taken;
NB: Salivary gland sialography is not performed in the imaging department.
The equipment available to this service is intended to be very simple;
• It has 4 dental chairs equipped with dental units ;
• 2 devices for stomatological radiology ;
• Photopolymerization lamp ;
• Amalgam ;
• Built-in descaler.