GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HPGRB
The Provincial General Reference Hospital of Bukavu (HPGRB) is a medical structure of the Congolese State ceded to the Archdiocese of Bukavu in 1995 for its management.
Since May 2003, by ministerial order n° 1250/CAB/MIN/S/CJ/67/2003 of the Minister of Health, it serves as a medical teaching institution for students enrolled in medicine at the Catholic University of Bukavu (UCB).
Located at n°02 on Avenue Michombero, Nkafu district, Kadutu commune, about 500 meters from the Place de l’Indépendance on the road leading to Kavumu Airport and Goma, HPGRB is at the crossroads of three Urban Communes (Ibanda, Kadutu and Bagira) of the city of Bukavu in the province of South Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo.
– Provide tertiary referral care to patients from general referral hospitals in the health zones of South Kivu;
– To ensure the supervision of young professional graduates and trainees in training in the Universities, Higher Institutes of Medical Techniques and Institutes of Health Sciences at the secondary level;
– Support the provincial health system in primary health care (maternal, infant and vaccination);
– To take charge of medical and obstetrical emergencies;
– To ensure research in the field of health, both clinical and public health.
With a capacity of 450 beds mounted on 500, the HPGRB currently has 52 private VIP rooms and 16 common rooms for hospitalization of patients.
HPGRB offers you a comfortable place to stay during your hospitalization in private, spacious rooms that meet acceptable standards at an affordable price.
Services of the HPGRB
As a university hospital institution, the services offered are decentralized in seven departments, namely:
– The Department of Internal Medicine;
– The Department of Surgery;
– The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
– The department of Pediatrics;
– The department of Specialties;
– The Department of Medical Biology and
– The Department of Anatomopathology
With : the Medical Imaging, the Intensive Care Unit, the Emergency Care Service and the Morgue as support services.
With a multidisciplinary medical team of 90 doctors (including 41 specialists) and 207 nurses, laboratory technicians, midwives and anesthesiologists, our primary objective is to place the patient at the center of our daily activities based on the motto: “The customer is king”, in other words, “The patient is king”.
Medical care is offered in two clinics (A and B) from the most needy to the most affluent without any discrimination. Since 2017, the Specialized Clinic B allows you to be consulted by more than one specialist at the same time according to your availability (and not that of the consulting physician) and to reduce the waiting time in front of the consultation offices. Consultations are held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in Clinic A, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm in Clinic B from Monday to Friday and from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on weekends.
Organs of the HPGRB
The Provincial General Reference Hospital of Bukavu consists of three (3) organs, as follows:
• Board of Directors
• Management Board
• Executive Committee
Our medical partners
80 international and national institutions and insurance services benefit from medical care at HPGRB, including
– The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) ;
– MSH International ;
– International Alert ;
– International Rescue Committee (IRC);
– MSF-Spain and Holland;
– Twangiza Mining.